Arsenal Substitutes scores goals than any other Premier League Team
Arsenal subs are super goal machines
- Arsenal lead the Premier League in goals scored by substitutes after another one went in from Henrikh Mkhitaryan on Sunday.
Mkhitaryan won Arsenal a point after coming off the bench at the weekend, but he’s far from the first to do so this season. In fact, the Gunners have scored seven goals from Unai Emery’s substitutes, and that’s before you even get into the assists or goals in all competitions.
Here’s the list of substitute scorers in the league this campaign:
- Danny Welbeck vs West Ham (H)
- Aaron Ramsey vs Fulham (A)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang vs Fulham (A)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (2) vs Fulham (A)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang vs Leicester City (H)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (2) vs Leicester City (H)
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan vs Wolves (H)
That puts Arsenal above of every other Premier League club in this dispensation. Chelsea are the closest to Arsenal with five goals, followed by Manchester United on four.
- 7 – Arsenal
- 5 – Chelsea
- 4 – Manchester United
- 3 – Burnley, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City, Newcastle
- 2 – Leicester, Tottenham, Wolves
- 1 – Bournemouth, Cardiff, West Ham
- 0 – Huddersfield, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Southampton, Brighton, Watford
Alexandre Lacazette also scored after coming off the bench against Brentford, whilst Mesut Özil scored as a substitute against FC Vorskla. In all competitions, Arsenal are up to nine sub goals this season. Not a bad total for mid-November.
It shows that if there’s one thing Emery is getting right this season, it’s in-game tactical chances. Let’s hope he can keep it up.
6 total views, 6 views today